Our Dad, Clifford Goll....thanks Matt

Friday, February 24, 2012

Liam's Arios....Geara Zulu stuff...

 Liam built this Arios...and the stand...the stand is awesome, because it really lets this kit come to life...it does not stand very well on its own...As a group, we had never invested in the stands before...Now a lot of the newer kits come with a stand...a huge improvement from Bandai


Here the Arios has been transformed....it is pretty cool to watch Liam go to school on the transforming...I just shake my head and watch...


 It is snowing today, and I had a bunch of paint work I wanted to do...instead...I had an impromptu thought about the Gear Zulu shield...so I just whipped this out... unfortunately...I had a few minor mistakes, and that is the price you pay for the rush of being creative and not waiting....but, I had already broke a part on this kit, so this Geara is being a guinea pig for new Ideas...and I think the kit will still be pretty nice..flawed, but a learning tool
 
I thought I would do the same on the launcher...but, my vision did not come out as well...I have some hand painting touch ups I will do...again...test... experiment...learn...have fun.... 





I am on the fence about what type of details to put on this launcher...some silver...yellow..olive drab...maybe nothing


I found these paper clips make handy little part holders for painting by hand...these thrusters  came out pretty good...


Well...with the snow...I am going to be forced to be patient and wait to paint...to cold to open the garage doors....so...maybe a little work on my Tau Commander from my 40k collection is in order

Later all...

2 comments:

  1. Glad to see we are not the only ones with cold weather. I am going out to Susie's farm this weekend. Love it out there, out in the Missouri breaks. It is 7 miles away from the McCulland/Stafford ferry. Very cool out there. Hopefully some cool pics to follow :)Have a good weekend bros!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good work Liam, kid has some "Toad" in him for sure! I like what I am seeing from the zulu. I think you are on the right track. We are kind of in uncharted waters, so trial and error shall prevail for a spell, but it is still way above where we were at (well, you more than me) and that is significant. So with progress goers the pains, but in the end we find a better modeling level! Damn Head Cold took yesterday away from me, I am hoping to do something today if the nasal drip will ever end! Snotty gundam no good!

    ReplyDelete